What is Give BIG Riverside?
A 24 hour online giving day (think web-a-thon, like a telethon only 100% online) to raise $300,000 (or more) in 24 hours on November 12, 2013 for participating nonprofits serving the greater Riverside area.
WHY should my organization participate?
- Raise funds for your organization!
- Increase the visibility of your organization!
- Learn how to attract new and younger donors!
- It’s simple, with an easy four-step process!
Have more questions? Please see our recent information session we recorded.
HOW do I participate?
- Sign up and set up. Download your application, complete, and return it by October 1, 2013. Registration is $150. Your registration fee includes free trainings and technical assistance on using social media, donor cultivation and setting up your online giving page (yours free to use after Give BIG Riverside); marketing materials and resources and multi-agency networking opportunities. The earlier you sign up, the more access you have to trainings live.
- Market Your Organization. Minimal time investment of one hour per week suggested using social media outlets such as Facebook and Twitter along with email blasts. Also use traditional marketing and outreach by using Give BIG posters, mailing out Give BIG postcards and create word of mouth campaigns with staff and volunteers. Of course, more is better! More outreach = more opportunity = more donations! Involve your current board, staff, volunteers and donors so they can get all of their friends, family and co-workers to donate. Check out the Nonprofit Tool Kit page to access more resources and information on marketing your organization and successful strategies. Plan to attend Give BIG Riverside monthly “Coffee Chats” to network with other organizations, learn best practices and strategies.
- FUNdraise on November 12. Keep the excitement by creating 24-hours of fun activity for your volunteers and supporters.
- Thank your supporters. Show your existing and new donors, as well as your volunteers, that you appreciate their participation.
WHAT comes with participation?
Each nonprofit will:
- Benefit from a citywide marketing campaign to boost donations and engage new donors.
- Have its own profile page that is easily searchable from the home page.
- Receive donations directly to your organization and retain exclusivity to your donors who give to you during the Giving Day. Razoo Foundation processes all the online donations for us, so you don’t have to set up any separate accounts or systems to collect donations. Razoo will send your organization a check within 30 days after 11.12.13 for the donations given to your organization. A competitive rate of .07 cents of every dollar donated is used to cover processing fees and to defray costs of technology and coordination of the Give BIG Riverside campaign. Your organization will receive 93% of every dollar donated to your agency.
WHO is involved in Give BIG Riverside?
- Coordinated by The Community Foundation
- Governed by a Taskforce of over 20 local nonprofit organization leaders and community leaders devoting volunteer time to plan and implement the Give BIG Riverside campaign.
- Honorary Chair: Mayor Rusty Bailey
- Sponsors including The Norris Group and The Wright Impression. Want to be a sponsor?
- Powered by Razoo.com, one of the country’s leading online charitable gift processers (over $100 million raised).
Looking for more information? Join one of our free information sessions or call us at 951-241-7777 and ask for Karen.